Search This Blog

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

What a Day!

So tonight's workout was definitely a toughie, especially since my legs are definitely feeling the impact of my weak ankles. But I stayed and I did it and for that I am proud!

It was another "Crazy Cardio!" Day and boy was it nuts! 

Warm Up was a short run down and then up a nearby hill. Not too bad. 

The Cycle was a series of cardio exercises timed at one minute each: 

1. Jumping sideways (line of pylons to jump over repeatedly)
2. Jumping Forward (steppers in place o jump on and off of with both feet)
3. Heavy Ropes (attached together, lift and swing) 
4. Ladder Run ( run with high knees quickly though the holes landing both feet in each hole)
5. Backward Shuffle ( run toward pylons front and backwards depending on position and shuffling to start over) 

So this cycle was repeated 3 times for a minute on each exercise. The hardest ones for me were the jumping exercises because of my legs. I chose to modify my workout and do jumping jacks for the first one and jump with one leg at a time on the second. 

You might be wondering "huh, modified?! Isn't that embarrassing?!"  Well let me tell you, NO! What's embarrassing is NOT going and not working on my goals. What's embarrassing is being judged solely as a person because of your weight. None of it is right and all of it is embarassing, and the only way to stick with it is to allow yourself to rest pained areas and modified workouts or not, I was doing something! Remember my motto? 

As for my diet for the day (since I have not been following the Meal Plan to a T lately) I had:

Breakfast:
  •  2 boiled eggs
  • 1/2 slice of sprouted wheat toast with almond butter

Snack:
  •  1 apple

Lunch:
  • Mixed greens with chicken (size of fist) and tspn of homemade balsamic vinagarette
 Snack:
  • Celery (5 stalks) with almond butter and raisins (10 raisins per stock)

Dinner:
  • Rice pasta (1 cup)
  • Chicken (size of fist) baked in a pan with carrots, peppers and boiled broccoli
  • Goat cheese crumble
  •  1/4 cup of tomato sauce (no sugar added)

That's it that's all! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment